Sorry Mary.
So we met the helicopter, and the Box Elder Bee Mascot, at the Brigham Airport
I asked the pilot if he would give me a good buzz by the stadium to get some pictures and he suggested that we leave the door open on my side . . .
. . . made me a little nervous.
I was struggling a bit to get the harness buckled, and I was nervous that my camera bag would fall out. So I'm trying to get a foot through the strap and by the time I looked back down, we were 40 feet off the ground.
I couldn't believe how smooth the ride was. I'd always understood that helicopters were kind of bumpy. Not so much.
I unfortunately shot a lot of fuzzy shots. It was pushing sundown, and the light was failing. Next time I get to ride in a helicopter with the door open, I'm going to set the camera to shutter priority and shoot fast.
We ended up doing a flyby at the stadium. It's neat in a helicopter because they stop on a dime. We probably buzzed the field at 80mph and then the pilot nosed the ship up and spun us around. This isn't a good picture, but you can see me looking past the bee looking straight down at the football field.
The game ball was delivered successfully to the referee, and we'll hope Box Elder High wins their homecoming game.
It was a fantastic ride, and I hope to be able to do it again in the future.
Next time I get to ride in the helicopter and you can play with the boys :)
ReplyDeleteSO FUN! You get to do so many cool things...when are all you're connections going to trickle down and benefit ME!?! I wanna go on a helicopter ride...
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to go on a helicopter ride... Looks so fun!
ReplyDeleteScott, what a fun thing to do. You just must know the right people. Now I want to know where to find a bee costume in an adult size. Think how much fun that would be, you could go around and sting people.
ReplyDeleteFun!!! I guess next time MARY will set the camera to shutter priority and shoot fast. tee hee hee.
ReplyDeleteWay fun pictures. Love that one of that winding river
Wow, you are so cool!
ReplyDeleteWhy is that guy touching the Bee's stinger?
ReplyDeleteI am glad that your ride turned out much better than mine! lol
ReplyDeleteThe pilot always pats down every non DPS passenger for weapons.
ReplyDeleteThat guy tried to smuggle a stinger on board.
To bad you didn't get a chance to hang on that pole thingy under the helicopter just like they do in action movies. Then you would be super cool.
ReplyDeleteI know someone who got fired and sent to the "rack" for taking a helicopter ride!
ReplyDeleteI'm SURE that's how the story went - isn't it Millie?