Saturday, October 3, 2009

Playoffs! Playoffs?

Steven's team played their last game of the season today. They were 3-3 and standing between them and a spot in the playoffs were the vaunted Bear River Bears. It looked pretty grim. Bear River was ranked the best team in the league. Battleplans were made and fancy cheers recited about eating bear meat and such.








To our great surprise and relief, the Bees jumped out to a 26-0 lead and held on for the win. Thomas was so excited he could hardly contain himself.





"Good game, good game, good game, good game."


If they do well in the playoffs, we may be driving to Las Vegas for the next round - but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. Congrats to Steven!

    Very wonderful to hear about the new temple for you guys. I am sure that is great news for that area. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great game. Steven took down the Bears' quarterback in one of the plays. Of course, even though I watched it I had no idea. I'm getting better though -- I can follow the ball most plays. :)

    The funniest thing about his football games: there's an elderly (very) couple that has a great - grandson on the team. They sit in the back so it's always a surprise to hear Grandma scream in her surprisingly booming, rough voice, "KICK IT FOR GRANDMA!!"
    I laugh every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

    Scott quoted Jim Mora about a thousand times yesterday. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again.
    So apparently I don't know how to create a link. I so dumb.
    You can copy-paste the link or wait until Scott can fix it for me.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys are funny! I'll check out that link next. YAY for Steven! If we do get that far.. I want to go to LV with you. Can I ride in the trunk?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Steven!!!

    Keep us up to date on how they do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Tommy's picture. I hope that Steven goes all the way. Wouldn't it be fun to get to the finals?

    ReplyDelete