Sunday, May 31, 2009

Perennials

It always used to make me crazy when Mary would buy annuals every spring. It just seemed like flushing money down the toilet. Why not just buy perennials once and enjoy them year after year?

So when we moved into our house in Brigham, I was thrilled that the previous owners had a little flowerbed with perennials. Then last summer the neighbors fancied up their flowerbeds with petunias. Every day I drove past their house, I would look at their gorgeous flowers, and see the little speck of color on ours.

It was tough to admit that Mary was right . . . again.

Here are the first specks of color from our little perennials.



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. My in-laws gave me 116 petunias for mothers day. So, as of right now I could use some perennials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! Perennials definitely appeal to my sensible side, but there is something to say for not being sensible...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your pictures! Your camera is sooo nice.

    ReplyDelete