Thursday, May 21, 2009

Steven's Birthday Surprise

Mary had the Mother-Dauther activity for Activity Days on Steven's Birthday. We had chatted about doing some things on Friday, but it didn't sit well with me that on his birthday he would just go to school and come home like any other day.

So while Mary was prepping her Activity Day decorations, I had an epiphany -- what if we filled his room with balloons and hid little presents on the floor. Originally my thought was balloons at least six feet high, but I settled for three packages of 75.



 

 

 

 

From 05-20-09 Steven's Birthday Balloon Surprise


After we got done, I felt like I'd just asked someone to prom.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. How fun!!! What a great idea. I bet Steven loved it...and probably the rest of your brood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who says you don't do birthdays!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always knew you were full of hot air. I can't believe he's 11! We're old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary isn't it. At least Sam is older than me ;)

    ReplyDelete