Thursday, May 21, 2009

Piano Recital

Mary holds two piano recitals for a students each year. The winter recital is fairly formal and she invites parents or siblings to play duets with her students.

The spring recital, on the other hand, is veeeery informal and the students are invited to dress up as the song they are playing. One of her students even brought a surfboard this time.

Steven played the Raiders of the Lost Ark Theme





Ellie played the Ballerina





Rebecca played Jingle Bells



And Anna played the theme to Willy Wonka




5 comments:

  1. Mary is the coooolest piano teacher slash mom ever!!! I love all of those costumes! Cute kids. (i love ellie's feet dangling from the bench. so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. holes in jeans are stylin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO ADORABLE!!!! I can't wait to have Lucas start. Mary D, do you teach in the summer time? I REALLY want to get him started!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really fun. Most of the students played well. It always interests me how each student reacts under pressure. Performing for some makes them focus and play their best, while others blank out and get more frantic with each mistake. I fall into the latter category.

    My favorite part of the Fun Recital is the jokes. Each student tells a music joke before they announce what they'll be performing. The audience laughs at every joke -- no matter how corny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti -- I'm scheduling for summer this week so you can call anytime :)
    I can see Lucas in a Fedora...

    ReplyDelete