Friday, May 1, 2009

We Got Rules

Why the title 'we got rules'?  I'll 'splain.

Scott lived with Grandma Mary (Seaman) for 9 months while he worked in Cedar and I stayed in Ogden to sell the house.  He would come home every other week or so, and brought with him a new set of rules that he picked up from Grandma.  Now, I'm no MaryJane when it comes to how the household is best run, and Scott would remind me and the kids by saying, "we got rules".

"Close the doors -- we got rules"
"Toilet seat down -- we got rules"
"No running when company's here -- we got rules"
"Hang up your towel in your spot -- we got rules"

Now whenever we visit Grandma and Scott tells the kids 'we got rules', it makes Grandma giggle.  I love it.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I like that....WE GOT RULES will be my battle cry! Go Grandma Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Now I get it! We got rules too! They get enforced, but don't always get followed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds so much like Grandma I laughed out loud!!! I love it. I loved the name 'we got rules' when I first saw it- but now it is even funnier. (is funnier a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I said that to my kids they would laugh in my face. Can they come live at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grandma Mary..gotta love that women. Cute post Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete